Last year there is Korean series that I used to watch every day, storied about two siblings who desired to make the best bread that ever made by their Dad’s teacher. On the series they showed how to make Rose shaped Buns.
Thought it was difficult, but I think not at all, I’m sorry I don’t have pictures that would show you step by step to make it. I hope it’s clear enough explain it by words. You can use basic recipe that you could grab on here; Butter Roll Bread, or by your own basic bread recipe
Step by Step
1. Make small dough balls of 15g each.
2. Flatten each ball and roll out flat.
3. With fingers, press the sides of the circle to make them flatter and to create ripples (unevenness) .
4. Arrange 6 pieces of flattened dough, half stacking on top of each other.
5. Start rolling from the first piece on the bottom.
6. With a chopstick, saw the roll, it will roll while you saw, creating a fatter center than the sides. Eventually it will break into 2.
7. Place rose buds upright on a piece of paper.
8. Let buns rise to double and steam on high heat for 12 minutes.