7.21.2012

Foodbuzz Switching and Panda Trapped in Matcha Bread

Foodbuzz will Switch into Dailybuzz, sadly there are no content on dailybuzz that enable to us to update our blogger friends. I love all foodies on foodbuzz, so I feel very pity to know I will loss all of my friends and event I couldn’t enable to update their post.  
                                                       
Due to the situation I’m starting to following all foodies blog, let me know If I get through your blog to follow, I hope you guys are still willing to keep in touch with me too. If you guys want to follow my blog now I put Following gadget on the right side, so it could ease you by only clicking the following button. 



This weekend I will welcoming Ramadhan Month,  Every day during this month, Muslims around the world spend the daylight hours in a complete fast. For a whole month they fast from dawn to sunset, and offer additional prayers at night.

I decided to make these very cute Panda bread for my early breakfast (we used to ate at 2 – 4 am). I have plan to make french toast or sandwich with this cute bread. At Ramadhan Month when we must do the complete fasting we only have limited time to make and eat our breakfast so I think this is a great idea to preparing for our first fasting day.



 Panda Bread Recipe
Adapted from: perfectpandas.com

Ingredients: 
600g loaf (206 x 108 x100h)
230g bread flour
70g cake flour
30g sugar
milk + 1 yolk = 210g (I used skim milk)
4.5g salt
18g unsalted butter (I used 20g)
4g yeast
8g green tea powder dissolved in 10g boiling hot water
8g cocoa powder dissolved in 8g boiling water


Method:
1. Heat up milk and yolk to temperature of 38C. (I beat the yolk lightly with milk and send it to the microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds).
2. Put everything in bread machine and set to dough cycle. Let it knead for 20 minutes. Stop the cycle and restart the dough cycle and let it knead for another 15 minutes.
3. Divide dough (about 560g) into 3 parts: 75g for the chocolate, 210g plain and the rest of the dough which is less than 280g for the green tea.
4. Add chocolate to the 75g dough and knead till the colour is even. Add green tea mixture to the 280g dough and knead till colour is even.

 5. Prove all 3 pieces of doughs on separate greased plates covered loosely with oiled cling wrap for 30 – 40 minutes.
6. Punch air out of dough and prove for another 20 – 30 minutes.
7. Use 90g plain dough for the face and 2 pieces of 27g chocolate dough for the eyes.
8. Fill the hollow of the eyes with 30g plain dough.
9. Roll remaining plain dough over the patterned dough.
10. Divide the remaining chocolate dough into 2 pieces (17.5g each) for the ears.
11. Use 70g of the green tea dough to fill up the hollow between the ears.
12. Wrap the rest of the green tea dough all around the patterned dough.
13. Place dough into a well-greased loaf pan and cover it with a lid and prove for 50 – 60 minutes in an enclosed area eg. microwave oven.
14. Bake at 200? for 25 – 30 minutes.

11 comments:

Nava K said...

Sad too that I will be missing some of my friends but than again, we have to move on with what foodbuzz has decided. I like the part that its no longer being buzzed to get to Top 9 and more open to all who share their wonderful and great recipes.

Beautiful panda bread and love the colors. Would love to follow your blog and maybe you can do the same, so as we can share and learn from sharing.

Nava K said...

Btw, your twitter and pinterest is not getting through and I am unable to follow you on the same.

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

This bread is the cutest ever :D
And I would love to follow you - do you have email subscriptions?

Cheers
CCU

Cucina49 said...

That bread is so much fun! I am bookmarking your site and will continue to check it...hope you will do the same.

Elisabeth said...

Your Panda bread is so cute, and colorful...it would put a smile on a child's face, even adults, as well. Really creative~

As for me, I'm following you back on your blog...this way we can stay in touch~

Kim Bee said...

This is totally adorable. I love it to bits.

Kim Bee said...

ps. I tried to follow but the system won't let me right now. I can try again next time I pop by. xx

Allen @ Cook! Bake! Share! said...

What a clever recipe! Who wouldn't be floored by this one! I look forward to following your future posts!

Unknown said...

That is one adorable bread!! I too will miss Foodbuzz so am following many more blogs, I just joined yours. If you get a moment, please stop by www.TheSaucyGourmet.net I would love to have you as a follower!!!

Caroline Taylor said...

I was already following you! This bread is amazing I love it!

Mythreyi said...

OMG, what a cute and neat Bread... Panda is cute...

First time here... and following you....

-Mythreyi
Yum! Yum! Yum!

Post a Comment